- Jul 12, 2020
- Reaction score
What you'll learn:
- Convey meaning through shape and colour
- Use GIMPs fundamental drawing tools
- Work with layers for complex images
- Create gradients, drop shadows and reflections
- Organise and professionally export your work.
- Work to a specification like a pro
- Create pixel art assets for your games
- Create your own character
- Becoming a digital artist
- Master GIMP's powerful interface
- You only need a mouse or trackpad to get started!
- Optional: Wacom stylus or similar for later sections
- You can organise, move and rename files
- You need a Mac or PC capable of running GIMP (most are!)
The challenge with this package is it can be intimidating for beginners, especially those who don't have much confidence in art or drawing. We make learning from scratch easy with our simple step-by-step process.
Even if you have no prior experience in drawing, or computer art, we'll take you from the very basics. By investing in a structured course like this you'll learn faster and more effectively than on your own, just check-out our latest reviews.
We provide challenges in every video to cement your knowledge, an active community of students and instructors to help you if you get stuck, and continuous updates to the course to improve the learning journey.
How is the course structured?
- We start by helping you master GIMP's interface
- Then we constrain you to just 8x8 pixels, to get you started
- Moving on we add colour, contrast and more to bring your images alive
- In section 2 we increase our canvas to 32x2 and beyond
- By the end of the course you'll be able to create great looking 2D icons.
Also included with the course:
- Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
- Use of our custom built texture sharing service
- Daily responses to your Q&A.
Ben & Michael
Who this course is for:
- You want to create 2D art from scratch
- You have little or no experience with GIMP or Photoshop
- You want to make 2D assets for computer games
- You want to learn GIMP specifically