- Jul 12, 2020
- Reaction score
This book is about Perl 6 (Raku), a programming language of the Perl family. It covers many basic and in-depth topics of the language and provides the initial knowledge you need to start working with Perl 6. The book does not require any previous experience with Perl, although some general understanding of programming is assumed.
- Learn basic concepts including variables, expressions, statements, functions, conditionals, recursion, and loops
- Understand commonly used basic data structures and the most useful algorithms
- Dive into object-oriented programming, and learn how to construct your own types and methods to extend the language
- Use grammars and regular expressions to analyze textual content
- Explore how functional programming can help you make your code simpler and more expressive